Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion (Free)
Self-Compassion is the art and science of treating yourself like a good friend. Join us from anywhere for a free one-hour session to:
- Learn the three components of self-compassion
- Experience a self-compassion practice for difficult moments
- Resources to learn and practice MSC
Dates to be announced.
Mindful Self-Compassion Program
Many of us are tired.
Join us for the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program to pause, rest and reflect, and to gently expand your capacity to navigate life’s many ups and downs with a bit more compassion, wisdom and ease.
Tuesday evenings, 7 – 9 pm ET
October 11 – December 20, 2022
3-hour virtual retreat on Sunday, November 20th, 3 – 6 pm ET
No class on November 22nd
All course sessions will be delivered virtually via Zoom
Pay what you can. Choose the registration rate that reflects your current circumstances:
- $495 USD – Covers the cost of the course + provides support for others to join the course
- $395 USD – Covers the cost of the course
- $295 USD – Available to anyone with less resources at this time.
The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook, by Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer (2018) is included with all registration levels.
This course is the empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, developed by Drs. Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
It includes 23 hours of training and practice. It is an immersive exploration of self-compassion, offering highlights of relevant research and theory, self-compassion meditations and exercises, discussions, and a retreat — with time between sessions to apply what you learn about self-compassion to your own life.
The course aims to help participants to:
- Customize on-the-spot practices to use for yourself (while in meetings or at work, with family or with friends).
- Recognize and validate your own needs.
- Soothe and comfort yourself in the midst of difficulty.
- Balance what you give and receive in professional and personal roles.
- Take designated time and space for you to restore energy.
- Customize compassion and mindfulness practices for daily life and for greater well-being.
- Soften self-criticism, explore motivation with less fear of failure, and more…
Attending the MSC course is a prerequisite for MSC teacher training and for the Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy Certificate Program offered through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.