Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion (Free)
- Learn the three components of self-compassion
- Experience a self-compassion practice for difficult moments
- Learn about available resources for yourself, and to share with others
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Program
An immersive self-care experience.
In March it will be a full year of the pandemic deeply affecting our lives. If you are feeling a bit tired or depleted, you are not alone. Our minds and bodies tend to have difficulty processing high levels of stress over extended periods of time.
Join us for the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program for an immersive self-care experience. This course is an opportunity to pause, rest and reflect; and to gently expand our capacity for compassion and mindful awareness to navigate life’s many ups and downs with a bit more wisdom and ease.
Explore compassion practices to:
- Soothe the mind, body, and heart
- Explore motivation with compassion
- Transform difficult relationships
- Manage burnout and compassion fatigue
- Cultivate loving-kindness, gratitude and savoring
- Soften self-criticism
- And more…
This course is the empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, developed by Drs. Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
Upcoming 10-week MSC courses
March 16 – May 25, 2021 – currently underway
Fall and Winter 2021 courses to be announced soon
Short-course in Mindful Self-Compassion
This course offers excerpts from the MSC program, with topics, exercises, meditations, and discussions.
Course themes include:
- Defining and practicing self-compassion and mindfulness
- Discovering your compassionate voice
- Soothing difficult emotions
- Motivating ourselves with compassion
- Self-compassion and burnout
- Aligning with our values
Upcoming 3-week Short Course in MSC
Tuesdays, 7 – 9 pm
June 8 – June 22, 2021
Registration ($225) includes course sessions and a course handout booklet.
A few partial scholarship registrations are available ($150).
Engage in personalized MSC practices, customized for your personal goals.
- Manage stress, enhance wellbeing
- Connect with inner strength, wisdom, and creativity
- Explore your experiences through the lens of mindfulness and self-compassion
- Draw from evidence-based, embodied practices of Mindful Self-Compassion and mindfulness
- Reflect on your experiences, explore questions and insights that arise, and consider ways to apply learnings to everyday life.
Both Emily and Heather offer private sessions. Please reach out to learn more:
Custom Self-Compassion workshops
Explore research-based topics and practices for your group or organization, such as:
- Offer the Short-Course in MSC for your organization including all topics, exercises and meditations
- Foundations in Self-Compassion / Getting started with an MSC practice
- Managing burnout and empathy fatigue
- Motivation with compassion
- Practices for soothing and grounding
- The art of savoring
Available upon request
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”Jack Kornfield