Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion (Free)
- Learn the three components of self-compassion
- Experience a self-compassion practice for difficult moments
- Learn about available resources for yourself, and to share with others
|Wed. May 5th, 1 – 2 pm ET||Register|
Short-course in Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
Take time just for you to relax, turn inward, and explore befriending yourself in new and meaningful ways. This course includes 6 hours of training and practice focused on informal self-compassion practices for daily life.
- Practicing self-compassion / Practices for daily life and stressful moments
- Discovering your compassionate voice / Motivation with compassion
- Self-compassion and resilience / Working with difficult emotions
- Addressing burnout / Compassion with equanimity
- Living deeply / Reconnecting with our values
Program activities include short talks, experiential exercises and brief meditations, and discussion, offered in a relaxed and spacious way. Practice between sessions is optional.
Upcoming 6-week Short Course in MSC
Wednesdays, 1 – 2 pm ET
September 22 – October 27, 2021
Registration includes course sessions and a course handout booklet.
$225 Early Registration (until August 22); $250 Regular Registration
A few partial scholarship registrations are available at the rate of $175
Registration opening soon!
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Program
An immersive self-care experience.
Join us for the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program to pause, rest and reflect, and to gently expand your capacity to navigate life’s many ups and downs with a bit more compassion, wisdom and ease.
This course includes 24 hours of training and practice. It is an immersive exploration of self-compassion, offering highlights of relevant research and theory, self-compassion meditations and exercises, discussions, and a retreat — with time between sessions to apply what you learn about self-compassion to your own life.
Explore compassion practices to:
- Soothe the mind, body, and heart
- Explore motivation with compassion
- Transform difficult relationships
- Manage burnout and compassion fatigue
- Cultivate loving-kindness, gratitude and savoring
- Soften self-criticism
- And more…
This course is the empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, developed by Drs. Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
Attending the MSC course is a prerequisite for MSC teacher training and for the new Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy Certificate Program offered through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
Upcoming 10-week MSC courses
Offered Tuesdays, 7 – 9 pm ET
Fall Course: August 31 – November 16, 2021
Winter Course: December 7, 2021 – February 22, 2022
$525 regular registration; $425 early registration
A few partial scholarships are available at the rate of $325.
Registration includes the Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook.
Registration opening soon!
Engage in personalized MSC practices, customized for your personal goals.
- Manage stress, enhance wellbeing
- Connect with inner strength, wisdom, and creativity
- Explore your experiences through the lens of mindfulness and self-compassion
- Draw from evidence-based, embodied practices of Mindful Self-Compassion and mindfulness
- Reflect on your experiences, explore questions and insights that arise, and consider ways to apply learnings to everyday life.
Both Emily and Heather offer private sessions. Please reach out to learn more:
Custom Self-Compassion workshops
Explore research-based topics and practices for your group or organization, such as:
- Managing burnout and empathy fatigue
- Motivation with compassion
- Compassionate listening
- Practices for soothing and grounding
- On-the-spot compassion and mindfulness practices for the work day
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”Jack Kornfield