Self-Compassion in Action
- We offer:
- Private Sessions
- Custom Workshops
Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion (Free)
- Learn the three components of self-compassion
- Experience a self-compassion practice for difficult moments
- Resources to learn and practice MSC
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Program
10 week series with 2-hour sessions + one 3-hour retreat
An immersive self-care experience
Join us for the empirically-supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program to pause, rest and reflect, and to gently expand your capacity to navigate life’s many ups and downs with a bit more compassion, wisdom and ease.
This course includes 23 hours of training and practice. It is an immersive exploration of self-compassion, offering highlights of relevant research and theory, self-compassion meditations and exercises, discussions, and a retreat — with time between sessions to apply what you learn about self-compassion to your own life.
Course Objectives- The course aims to help participants to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Soothe and comfort yourself in the midst of difficulty
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Practice loving-kindness for yourself and others
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Work with practices to transform challenging relationships
- Manage caregiving fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Engage in compassionate listening
This course is the empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, developed by Drs. Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
Attending the MSC course is a prerequisite for MSC teacher training and for the Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy Certificate Program offered through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
Upcoming Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Course
Winter Course: December 7, 2021 – February 22, 2022
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30 pm ET
Pay what you can –
Choose the registration rate that reflects your current circumstances:
$495 – Covers the cost of the course + provides support for others to join the course
$395 – Covers the cost of the course
$295 – Available to anyone with fewer resources at this time.
Short-course in Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
6-week series with 1-hour sessions each week
Learn and integrate informal self-compassion practices into daily life
Take time just for you to relax, turn inward, and explore befriending yourself in new and meaningful ways. This course includes 6 hours of training and practice focused on informal self-compassion practices for daily life.
Course themes include:
- Practicing self-compassion: Self-compassion and mindfulness practices for daily life
- Discovering your compassionate voice: An exercise focused on motivation with compassion
- Self-compassion and resilience: A practice for working with difficult emotions
- Addressing burnout: A practice for compassion with equanimity
- Living deeply: Self-compassion journaling to reconnect with your values
Program activities include short talks, experiential exercises and brief meditations, and discussion, offered in a relaxed and spacious way. Practice between sessions is optional.
Upcoming 6-week Short Course in MSC
Wednesdays, 1 – 2 pm ET
September 22 – October 27, 2021
$225 Early Registration (through August 22)
$275 Regular Registration
A few partial scholarship registrations are available at the rate of $175
Registration includes course sessions and a course handout booklet.
Delve deeper through one-on-one customized sessions, tailored to your wants and needs
- Manage stress, enhance wellbeing
- Receive emotional support and insight
- Connect with inner strength, wisdom, and creativity
- Explore your experiences through the lens of mindfulness and self-compassion
- Draw from a range of evidence-based, embodied practices to access wisdom through the body, the mind, and the heart
- Cultivate self-healing and greater self-knowing
- Reflect on ways to apply learnings to everyday life, by bringing insight into lived experience.
Both Emily and Heather offer private sessions.
Custom Self-Compassion workshops
Explore research-based topics and practices for your group or organization, such as:
- Managing burnout and empathy fatigue
- Motivation with compassion
- Compassionate listening
- Practices for soothing and grounding
- On-the-spot compassion and mindfulness practices for the work day
Interested in working together? Please reach out, we’d love to hear from you.